Privacy & Cookies
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Collection of information
- Site tracking & cookies
- How to disable cookies on your web browser
- Firefox 3.0+
- Internet Explorer 7.0+
- Google Chrome 8.0+
- Key third party providers
- Google Analytics
- Google AdWords
- Facebook Conversion Tracking Pixel
- New Relic
- PCA Predict
- Genie Goals
- How we use your personal information
- Changing or deletion of data
- Security of your personal information
Soak&Sleep is committed to protecting your privacy, and takes its responsibilities regarding the security of customer information very seriously. This policy explains how we use customer information, how we protect your privacy and how we comply with the Data Protection Act 2018 and the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
2. Collection of information
When you shop at Soak&Sleep, there are different ways we gather information about you:
- Personal information about you is gathered from our secure online shopping facility (excluding your payment card data), our on-line newsletter subscription, our contact us and our tell-a-friend functions.
- When you place an order or start a product enquiry with us, we ask for information such as your name, e-mail address, delivery address and contact details. We keep a record of this information. All this is necessary for us to recognise you as a customer in the future and to fulfil the orders you place with us.
- If you subscribe to our newsletter, we retain only your email address to allow us to send you newsletters. At all times you retain the right to unsubscribe, and only share your email address with our email service provider (ESP), Dotmailer. We will never share your email address with any other third parties.
- If you buy or purchase from us, your payment card details are collected by Adyen (an online payment provider) and at no time are these made available to Soak&Sleep. Therefore we do not hold or store this type of personal information.
- We keep a record of your purchases with us, this means we can deal quickly with any problems you may experience with your order. It also means we can send you details of relevant offers.
- We keep a record of any e-mail correspondence you send us, which helps us keep track of any problems or concerns you've had with our products or services.
- If you enter a Soak&Sleep competition or other promotional offer, we may ask for your name, address and email address so we can administer the contest and notify winners. We may invite you to join our newsletter mailing list. We will always seek permission prior to adding your details.
Soak&Sleep Purchases from Amazon
In addition to selling our products through our own website, we also sell a select number of items through Amazon. As part of this sale process, Amazon will pass over to us some of your personal information, such as you name, delivery address, billing address and telephone number. We will only ever use this information to process your order and to provide updates on your delivery.
We also keep a record of our customers' purchase history of Soak&Sleep products they have bought through the Soak&Sleep marketplace on Amazon.
3. Site tracking & cookies
We use tracking software to monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop the design and layout of the site to better meet your needs. This software does not enable us to capture any personally identifying information. The only Cookies used on our site expire at the end of your session. They are used to track products and add them to your basket during the purchasing process. This type of cookie does not capture any personally identifying information.
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your device’s browser from a website’s computer and is stored on your device’s hard drive. Cookies allow a website to recognise a user’s device. Websites can send their own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it.
For more information visit: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
We use the following types of cookies on our website:
Strictly Necessary Cookies
These type of cookies enable the use of basic functions on the website, such as page navigation. The website wouldn't be able to function properly without these nessecary cookies.
Some examples of strictly necessary cookies used on our website are:
|__cfduid||Used by the content network, Cloudflare, to identify trusted web traffic.|
|PHPSESSID||Preserves user session state across page requests.|
We use performance cookies to us better understand how our customers interact with out website by collecting anonymous information and reporting on it.
Some examples of performance cookies used on our website are:
|_ga||Registers a unique ID that is used to generate statistical data on how the visitor uses the website.|
|collect||Used to send data to Google Analytics about the visitor's device and behaviour. Tracks the visitor across devices and marketing channels.|
We use these cookies to track visitors across websites. The intention for this cookie is to allow us to present relevant and engaging display ads to an individual user and provide this information to our trusted third parties.
Some examples of tracking cookies used on our website are:
|ads/ga-audiences||Used by Google AdWords to re-engage visitors that are likely to con vert to customers based on the visitor's on line behaviour across websites.|
|fr||Used by Facebook to deliver a series of advertisement products such as real time bidding from third party advertisers.|
4. How to disable cookies on your web browser
- Go to the Safari menu.
- Click on the Preferences.
- Click the ‘Privacy’ tab.
- Under ‘Cookies and website data’, set it to block, allow, or selectively accept cookies.
b. Firefox 3.0+
- Click on 'Tools' in the menu bar
- Click on 'Options...'
- Click on 'Privacy’ Tab in the top section
- From the drop down box select ‘Use custom setting for history’
- Un -tick the box that says 'Accept Cookies From sites'
- Click OK and Close the screen.
c. Internet Explorer 7.0+
- Click on 'Tools' in the menu bar
- Click on 'Options'
- Click on 'Privacy' Tab on top section
- Click on the 'Advanced" button
- Select ‘Prompt’ for both ‘First party cookies’ and ‘Third Party Cookies’
- Click OK and Close the screen.
d. Google Chrome 8.0+
- Click to 'Tools Menu'
- Click on 'Settings' or 'Options' (dependant on version)
- Click 'Advanced'
- Under 'Privacy and security', click 'Content Settings...'
- Click on 'Cookies' and tick ‘Block third-party cookies’
- Close the screen.
5. Key third party providers
Soak&Sleep does not sell, trade or rent your personal information to others. The only third party that we will share your phone number and address with will be our couriers. This is to help them to ensure they can contact you in relation to your delivery, i.e. delivery time. Apart from our designated couriers, we will not disclose your personal information to any other third party or organisations unless you give explicit permission, or there is a legal obligation to do so.
a. Google Analytics
Google Analytics sets cookies to help us accurately estimate the number of people visiting Soak&Sleep, and let us see how they’re moving around the site. We use this when we make decisions on the type of content we create and how we structure the site.
b. Google AdWords
You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page by visiting: https://adssettings.google.com/authenticated?hl=en
If you want to, you can opt out of interest-based advertising entirely within your browser's cookie settings. (Find out how to below within the "How to disable cookies on your web browser" section)
c. Facebook Conversion Tracking Pixel
Facebook Conversion Tracking Pixel allows us to follow the actions of users after they are redirected to a provider’s website by clicking on a Facebook advertisement. We are thus able to record the efficacy of Facebook advertisements for statistical and market research purposes. The collected data remain anonymous. This means that we cannot see the personal data of any individual user. However, the collected data are saved and processed by Facebook. We are informing you on this matter according to our information at this time. Facebook is able to connect the data with your Facebook account and use the data for their own advertising purposes, in accordance with Facebook’s Data Use Policy found under: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/. Facebook Conversion Tracking also allows Facebook and its partners to show you advertisements on and outside Facebook. In addition, a cookie will be saved onto your computer for these purposes.
Nosto is our personalisation partner who we work with closely to ensure you are seeing the right product at the right time in the right place. The Nosto cookie stores information about your preferences, and so allows us to customise our site and to provide you with offers that are targeted at your individual interests. You'll notice Nosto across the site giving you recommendations based on your site behaviour. Nosto cookies do not allow us to see any personal information about any individuals.
See Nosto’s terms and conditions by visiting: http://www.nosto.com/terms/
Soak&Sleep uses a third party review provider to receive and publish reviews from customers after they have placed an order.
Trustpilot acts as a "data processor" (as defined within Article 28 of the GDPR), collecting and publishing reviews for online businesses. When a customer completes an order, they may receive an email from Trustpilot inviting them to add a review. Customers may already have a Trustpilot account after having reviewed other businesses previously or new customers can chose to create an account.
For more information on the privacy practices of Trustpilot, please visit Trustpilot’s privacy terms web page: https://uk.legal.trustpilot.com/end-user-privacy-terms
To view Trustpilot's Data Processing Agreement, please visit: https://legal.trustpilot.com/data-processing-agreement
f. New Relic
These cookies are created by New Relic which provides site performance monitoring used to improve the quality and performance of our website.
You can read more about these cookies by visiting: https://docs.newrelic.com/docs/browser/new-relic-browser/page-load-timing-resources/new-relic-cookies
g. PCA Predict
To make filling out your address details as simple as possible we use PCA Predict Postcode software. PCA Predict (formerly Postcode Anywhere) is a UK-based company best known for its market-leading address validation technology, used to quickly complete your address when buying online.
h. Genie Goals
This cookie is a web marketing service provided by Genie Goals which allows us to measure the effectiveness of our online marketing campaigns.
Soak&Sleep use the email service provider (ESP) Dotmailer to send, track and report on bulk emails to our customers. You can unsubscribe from the Dotmailer service at any time.
6. How we use your personal information
All the information we collect via our website or through correspondence with you is used to operate and improve the service we offer you. We are committed to using your personal information only for:
- - Processing your order and providing customer care support.
- - Planning and managing Soak&Sleep business activities, including analysing customers shopping habits and preferences and administering this website.
- - Monitor customer traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop and improve the design and layout of the site.
- - Providing you with information about the products and services we offer.
We will only send you updates on new products or alert you to special offers which we believe will be of genuine interest to you. If you would prefer not to receive this type of information please let us know through our contact page.
We will retain a record of your personal information. This is done in order for Soak&Sleep to provide you with a high quality and consistent service. We will always retain your personal information in accordance with law and regulation and never retain your information for longer than is necessary.
7. Changing or deletion of data
As a registered user you can review, update, correct or delete your personal data on your account details page or by contacting us at: [email protected]
Soak&Sleep will delete personal data upon request, unless mandatory obligations contradict such a deletion.
You are also able to unsubscribe from our email newsletter / mailing list at anytime by clicking the unsubscribe button at the bottom of any emails we send you and following the instructions or by contacting us at: [email protected]
8. Security of your personal information
We use leading technologies and encryption software to safeguard your data, and keep strict security standards to prevent any unauthorised access to it. We currently hold a SSL (TLS) certificate powered by Fastly on our Magento Commerce (Cloud) site, which allows a secure connection from a web server to a browser so your personal and card data is kept private and protected. We are also PCI compliant, which means that our checkout and card handling systems are approved as being safe and secure.
Please feel free to call us at: 01483 437762
or email us at: [email protected]
We are open Mon-Fri 8am-7pm
To view the Data Protection Act 2018 please visit: http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/2018/12/contents/enacted