Natural Filled Mattresses
Cashmere 4000 Pocket Air Spring Pillow Top Mattress
Starting at £850.00
The best natural mattress
We have a range of natural mattresses because we love the way they help our customers sleep comfortably all year round. A natural mattress is one that is filled with and cased in naturally derived fabrics and fibres. This would typically include wool, silk, cashmere, latex, linen, cotton and viscose.
Natural fibres are a good choice in mattresses for two main reasons:
1. Natural fill mattresses are more breathable which helps you sleep at a more comfortable temperature all year round – you are less likely to find yourself overheating on a natural mattress. This makes them especially good for bedsharers and people who find themselves overheating at night.
2. The fills used in natural fill mattresses such as wool, silk and latex are hypoallergenic and naturally antibacterial. This means allergens such as dust mites and bacteria are less likely to try and share your bed with you, which in turn means a healthier night’s sleep. Of course, it’s still important to keep your mattress at its best – read our mattress care guide to find out how.
How a mattress affects sleep
A mattress affects our sleep in many ways, which is why it’s so important to invest in the right mattress for your needs. Here are some of the ways your mattress affects the quality of your sleep.
- Supports your sleeping position. The right mattress will give your joints and spine enough support to allow you to rest in a neutral position – one where your spine doesn’t ‘dip’ downwards. This allows your muscles to relax as you sleep for fewer aches and pains in the morning.
- Helps you fall asleep and stay asleep. A comfortable mattress will let you lie in your preferred position without any springs or dips in it. It will also keep you at a temperature that’s comfortable all night. Waking up feeling uncomfortably hot is a common feeling for some people, and can be partially solved by changing to a natural fill mattress that allows for more breathability than a synthetic fill mattress.
- Minimises night-time allergies. Mattresses absorb a lot of moisture and warmth as we sleep making them a magnet for allergens and bacteria. Over time, a mattress attracts a build-up of these allergens and bacteria causing coughs, sneezes and worse. Choosing an anti-allergy mattress, such as one with natural fills will limit the build-up of nasties for a more restful sleep.