Are wool duvets good?
Yes, we think so! And so do the many people who have bought one of our wool duvets. Here are five of our favourite reasons for sleeping under a wool duvet:
- Wool is naturally temperature regulating so it helps you stay at a comfortable temperature all night round. That makes it ideal for hot sleepers, menopausal women and anyone who shares a bed.
- Wool also helps you sleep more soundly. Incredibly, sleeping with wool is proven to give you up to 25% more REM sleep.
- A wool duvet is more weighty than other duvet types. The extra weight helps soothe you to sleep, similar to the way in which a weighted blanket might.
- Wool is biodegradable, so at the end of your duvet’s useful life it can be composted instead of going into landfill.
- Wool is naturally hypoallergenic. This makes it a great choice for anyone who’s allergy conscious.
Want to know more about the different types of duvet fill? Read our guide.
Can I wash a wool duvet in the washing machine?
Wool duvets can be machine-washed, but we’d recommend you use a professional capacity machine. The wool in your duvet will get very heavy when wet and this could damage your machine. Find out more about caring for your wool fill duvet in our duvet care guide.